We all were not blessed with luscious curls. While I personally do have very curly hair when it is natural, with a relaxer I do not have the curl shape I desire. The fact of the matter is that it is very hard to get to the best of both worlds. There is a way to make it happen though! With the right curling wand you can achieve perfect and natural looking curls.
The Hot Tools Tapered Curling Iron (3/4 “) is the best way to get curls like ones above!
Here are the steps on how to achieve this look:
- Step 1: Divide your hair into four sections.
- Step 2: Take small pieces of hair (no more than 1/2 “) and wrap around curling wand. The wand should be facing downward with tip facing down.
- Step 3: Keep repeating this process until all sections are completed.
- Step 4: Once complete, run your fingers through your hair to slightly break up the curls giving them a more natural texture
- Step 5: Spray a little bit of hairspray and small amount of shimmering spray.
Admittedly, achieving a full head of tight curls is a very long and tedious process. It usually takes me about 2 hours to finish. The results will be worth it though!