When you think of beachy waves you probably think of a blonde in a tropical locale and maybe her surf board is nearby. There is no denying that the beach babes of the world inspired the hairdo. Ergo the name. Who says beachy blondes get to have all the fun? Who says that you even have to go to the beach to achieve this hairstyle?
The beachy wave is also not just a summer hairstyle anymore. It has carried over strong for the fall season. The undone care-free look will go perfectly with your fall wardrobe!
There are two great ways to achieve this wavy look. One is with a curling iron and the other is using sea salt spray and a blow-dryer with a diffuser. The result is similar, but depending on your hair type one may be better than the other. The sea salt spray method works better if your hair is straight. What makes beachy waves unique is the fact that the ends are straight. Wavy and curly hair tends to curl at the end so the sea salt spray would end up not having the desired effect. A curling iron or wand works for all hair types.
Here is break down of what you need for both looks!
Here’s how to do it:
Sea Salt Spray
- Step 1: Apply a small amount of leave in conditioner to wet hair and comb through to get out any tangles.
- Step 2: Allow hair to air dry until it is about 50% dry.
- Step 3: Apply a generous amount of a sea salt spray to damp hair.
- Step 4: Blow your hair with a diffuser while scrunching small sections in an upwards motion . Note, when you scrunching be sure to not touch the ends of your hair or they will curl as well. You should start to scrunch from about an inch or two from tip.
- Step 5: Finish with hairspray and/or shine spray.
Curling Iron or Wand
- Step 1: Divide hair into four sections (best on second day hair)
- Step 2: Starting with first section, start curling one inch pieces around your curling wand. The curl should start about two inches from root. Leave one to two inches out at the tips uncurled as well. Basically, the top and bottom of your hair should not touch curling iron.
- Step 3: Repeat this step with each remaining section
- Step 4: Allow curls to cool for 10 minutes. (I like to do my makeup to kill time)
- Step 5: With your fingers, comb through the curls to loosen them up.
- Step 6: Finish with hairspray and/or shine spray.
Tip: If you hair tends to not hold a curl, try using a setting spray before you curl each section.
Will YOU wear beachy waves in the fall?