As a girl on the go, makeup touch ups are necessary and inevitable. It is important to have the right products in your makeup bag. There some things that you should reapply while there are others you should leave alone. Personally, on days when I know I am going straight home from work I do not have a makeup bag in my purse. The only days I do carry one is when I know I have plans or an event to attend.
Here is what is always in my makeup bag:
- Highlighter: It will be either MAC Cosmetic Gold Deposit or Urban Decay Aura. I am a strong believer that you can never have too much highlight, so reapplying is perfectly acceptable.
- Eyeliner Pencil: I never touch the eyeliner on my top lid as it does not wear away throughout the day. The bottom lid can naturally come off as the day goes on as all eyes tend to tear. Every time you blink, a little bit of your eyeliner comes off. Re-lining the bottom lid will wake your eyes up a bit.
- Lipstick or Lip Gloss: I pack whatever lipstick or lip gloss I am wearing that day because it is the first thing to wear away so there is no way it is lasting all day.
Here is what is never in my makeup bag:
- Foundation/Concealer: My skin tends to be on the drier side, so reapplying either will just look caked on and unflattering. Also, I spend a lot of time doing contour and highlight, applying foundation would mean I need to do that all over again as well.
- Blush: This is for the same reason as above. My blush also tends to stay on throughout the day so reapplying would just be too much. Believe me, there is such a thing as too much blush.
- Mascara: Mascara is one of those things that is a once a day thing (at least for me). I apply so many coats in the morning that adding more at the end of the day will lead to clumpy lashes which is not a good look!
Get the adorable Bunglo* makeup bag pictured above by clicking the below!
*Makeup bag pictured was courtesy of Bunglo.
What is in YOUR makeup bag?