With many cold days ahead of us, soup should be one of your go to’s! This delicious and simple lentil soup has the added bonus of being super healthy. So, the next time you are craving a warm and toasty delight, look no further than this recipe. Enjoy!
*You can save this picture and bring it to the grocery store 🙂
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and thyme and give it a stir.
- When the spices become fragrant, add the can of diced tomatoes and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and add the lentils, lemon juice (optional), and vegetable broth.
- Simmer on low for an hour and a half to two hours stirring occasionally or until the lentils become tender.
- Turn off heat and add the spinach stirring until it wilts
- Add salt and pepper.
This recipe was submitted by cooking contributor Alex Luyster.
Want to contribute to Lex Loves Couture? Apply here!