On Friday, the White House recommended that Americans wear “non-medical cloth” face coverings. This means that every time we leave our homes (when necessary) we should be covering our faces. Using a scarf to cover your nose/mouth suffices, but this is a more secure option.
What you need:
- Square scarf or bandana
- 2 hair ties or rubber bands
How to make it:
- Lay bandana (or scarf )on flat surface.
- Fold each end about a quarter length inwards.
- Flip over maintaining previous folds.
- Repeats same steps on this side.
- Push hair ties (or rubber bands) onto each side breaking the bandana into thirds.
- Fold over the end of bandana inwards sticking one loose end into the fold of the other.
- Put mask over nose and mouth with bands around your ears to secure it.
Watch the below for a visual tutorial
Important Note: Be sure to swap out the scarves or bandanas you’re wearing and wash regularly!